Sunday, October 27, 2013

Countdown has begun!


Dumelang,
I found out this week that my official Fulbright ETA start date is January 27, 2014! I've been medically cleared and now I'm just waiting on my visa! Woohoo! 
I downloaded a countdown and app and I have 92 days until I leave!! Eeek! (There goes my excited/terrified shriek, again)

Words can't express the plethora of emotions I've been experiencing lately! Ranging from excitement to straight up fear! It's starting to feel real! 

If you're interested in knowing what I'll be doing...

I'll be living Vereeniging, South Africa for 10 months. I'll be teaching at the Sedibeng FET college with 4 of my cohort members! The rest of the cohort, there are 10 of us total, is spread out across the country! Cape Town, Durban, Rustenburg, and Pretoria!  

The group really bonded at our pre-departure orientation in June.  6 of them even came to visit me here in New York in September and it was awesome! We drafted a group project idea that we hope to launch by Thanksgiving. 

Feeling very grateful to be working with such a great, inspiring and talented group of people! God is good! 

Will post more soon! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The Visionary Vagabond